Ward Potter Office Location and Hours
- Our offices are located at 345 N. Riverview, in downtown Wichita.
- From the east, take Second Street west toward Waco. Turn right (north) onto Riverview, which is the first street beyond Waco. The building will be on your left.
- From the west, take Central to Waco. Turn right (south) on Waco and go one block to 3rd. Turn right (west) on 3rd, and the building will be on your right.
- After you enter the parking lot of our building, please drive around to the front of the building and park in a stall marked “visitor.”
- Our offices are on the first floor of the building, Suite 120. Our offices are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. We are closed over the noon hour.
Contacting your Attorney or Staff
Confidential communications between attorneys and clients are privileged. You should not disclose confidential information to your attorney in public or in the presence of anyone other than your attorney in order to maintain the attorney-client privilege. You understand that there is a risk that phone calls, email, faxes and regular mail pose a risk of being intercepted by third parties. Unless you tell us otherwise, however, we will assume that you authorize your attorney to communicate with you by any of these methods.
The best way to reach your attorney after hours is by email. You can also leave a voice mail for him/her. The office phone number is 316.260.3120. Voice mail extensions are as follows:
- Lynn Ward, Managing Partner Extension 15
- Tony Potter, Partner, Extension 11
- Paralegal, Extension 14
- Jeannie Hinkle, Office Manager, Extension 24
- Margie Cartwright, Client Care Coordinator, Extension 10
- Corrie Logan, Legal Assistant/File Manager, Extension 12
The firm issues statements around the 20th day of each month. The firm will send the statement via email to you unless you ask that statement be mailed. Please review the statement carefully and notify us of any problems with it immediately. We will gladly review the statement with you at no charge.
The balance is due within 30 days if there are not sufficient funds held in the firm’s Trust Account for your matter. We accept VISA, Mastercard, and Discover at no charge to you. If the balance due is not paid, your attorney will withdraw from representation.
We will do all we can to keep costs down and be efficient. Keep in mind that certain things are costly, though, such as formal discovery and trials/evidentiary hearings. Generally speaking, a trial will cost a minimum of $5,000 each day spent in court.
Your matter might involve the preparation of a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO). Because of the highly specialized nature of QDRO’s, the firm hires outside counsel to prepare each QDRO for a flat fee of $600. This amount will be added to your statement as an expense.
Attorneys, like other professionals who advise on personal financial matters, are required by federal law to inform their clients of their policies regarding privacy of client information. Attorneys have been and continue to be bound by professional standards of confidentiality that are even more stringent than those required by this new law. Therefore, we have always protected your right to privacy.
In the course of providing our clients with advice concerning family law matters, the firm receives significant personal financial information from our clients. If you are a client of Ward Potter LLC, you should know that all information that we receive from you is held in confidence, and is not released to people outside the firm, except as agreed to by you, or as required under an applicable law.
We retain records relating to professional services that we provide so that we are better able to assist you with your professional needs and in, some cases, to comply with professional guidelines. In order to guard your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with our professional standards.